We are beyond chuffed to introduce the second and latest edition of the Guide to Platform Profitability (2015)!
WHAT IS IT REALLY?
The guide is a detailed analysis of the profitability of advised platforms over the last 4 years. It covers 23 major adviser platforms, who together account for more 90% of the total AUA in the adviser market.
The report covers the following;
- Key Profitability Metrics – Assets under administration (AUA), revenues, profits/losses, yield on assets and profit/loss margin over the last 4 years
- Profit and Loss Account Reserve to see who’s got a hole in their books.
- Market Overview, including M&A activities, technology outsourcing and the implications of ‘re-platforming’ for adviser businesses and clients assets.
- And the infamous FinalytiQ Platform Profitability Ratings are back! Yup, that’s right… TM! We rated 23 platforms and provide a summary analysis on each provider; who has a chance in the market in the longer term and who needs to get their act together.
The events of the last 12 months have demonstrated the profitability is a key dimension in the platform due diligence and this guide help advisers assess the long-term viability of their platform partners.
WHO SHOULD BUY THE GUIDE AND WHY?
Do you really need to ask? Well, everyone should buy the guide, because it’s a regulatory requirement! *coughs* OK, we’re messing with you, it isn’t but obviously… we think it should be. 🙂
Seriously though, the guide is aimed at three categories of people;
- Advisers and Paraplanners: This guide is designed to help advisers assess the profitability and long-viability of platform providers as a key part of adviser platform due-diligence. We know that the FCA is conducting its long-awaited thematic review into adviser due diligence, so advisers must leave no stone unturned.
- For platforms, this report offers market insight based on robust facts and figures to support business planning and validate strategy. Those who bought the guide last year told us that it’s a great way of keep tabs on their competitors and as an independent validation of their strategy.
- Platform technology providers, asset managers, discretionary investment managers and consultants will benefit immensely from understanding the direction of travel in the industry and the potential strengths and weakness of their key partners.
DON’T JUST TAKE OUR WORD FOR IT
This is excellent – refreshing, honest, real and insightful. Finally a piece of research which looks at platforms as real businesses, not theoretical IT concepts. Sustainability is the elephant in the room and this shines a light on it in a way which I’ve not seen in a long time.
Chris Smeaton, Marketing Director – James Hay Partnership
This guide will save advisers several hundred pounds worth of chargeable time gathering and analysing the data for themselves. It also highlights two key issues which will affect the viability of platforms in the near future: unbundling and re-platforming.
Tim Page, Chartered Financial Planner, PageRussell
READY TO BUY?
- Advisers/Paraplanners – £250 + VAT (or £200 if you buy before 25th October, use the discount code ‘earlybird‘). For that, you will get an electronic version of the guide and it’s for use within your business only. Not to be shared with another adviser outside your practice, OK? Thank you.
- Platform Providers/Technology Firms/Large advisory firms (10+ Advisers): £2,500 + VAT. (or £2,000 if you buy before 25th October – use the discount code ‘earlybird’). For that, you get an electronic version of the guide. Platforms rated in the guide will also permission to use our Platform Profitability Rating in your marketing materials for a year. If you want to distribute the report for your adviser community, we’re more than happy to talk about that. Get in touch